Full Job Description
The Installer typically constructs or installs a variety of refrigerated and non-refrigerated structures. You will typically work with a team of professional, experienced installers under the general direction of an Installation Supervisor or Lead Installer on various construction and installation projects.
Job Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Work to include the erection of prefabricated cold rooms, environmental rooms, clean rooms, dry rooms and similar products along with their related mechanical systems. Installation projects may also include freeze driers, sterilizers, autoclaves, ice machines, incubators and other similar scientific equipment.
- Work may also include the repair and maintenance of the items listed above as the need arises.
- The incumbent may occasionally work under limited supervision and is expected to operate as a point of contact for the customer for a portion of a given project.
- Assist other technicians and staff as needed.
- May be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime as needed. Will occasionally be required to work on location involving overnight stays. Per Diem will apply.
- In addition to the duties described above, the incumbent may be required to perform related tasks as necessary to meet current contingency and/or mission requirements.
- Understands customer needs and works with customers to guide them towards the best, most beneficial solutions.
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
You will be a great fit if you have the following:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Customer service aptitude
- High School Diploma and/or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of Cascade Thermal Solutions training program
- Ability to problem solve
- Reliable, consistent work ethic
- Previous coursework and experience with refrigeration and HVAC/R is a plus
- Basic-moderate experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet functions, tablet use, cell Phone apps (when necessary) is required
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus
Physical Demands for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, you will often be required to stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, kneel and crouch. You may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds. Customer facilities, where work may often be performed, can vary depending upon type of work. Lowest temperature exposure (freezers & cold rooms) -4 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 degrees Celsius). Highest temperature exposure (sterilization) 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius). Proper attire is made available for extreme working temperature exposure. Periodic over-night travel will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
About Full Spectrum Group:
Full Spectrum Group (FSG) is a dynamic company consisting of veteran service engineers, software specialists, and application chemists. FSG specializes in the service, repair, and validation of a wide range of instrumentation including Gas, Liquid, and Ion Chromatography Systems, Mass Spectrometers, Purge-and-Trap, Headspace Units, and Total Organic Carbon Analyzers.
Over the past 25+ years, FSG has worked with many Manufacturers and Distributors to assist with their service needs. The Full Spectrum Group service team consists of individuals with diverse backgrounds relating to analytical instrumentation, many of them being former service representatives for the manufacturer or product development managers. New employees undergo an extensive in-house training program in addition to attending manufacturers’ training courses.
Full Spectrum Group is an ISO 9001:2015 & ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited organization. These standards require a comprehensive quality management system that includes a company-wide commitment to outstanding customer satisfaction, traceable documentation, organizational planning, and continually improving quality standards.
As we continue to improve our quality system with these global standards, we believe that our decision to become ISO Certified is a proactive one that anticipates our customers’ demands and demonstrates our dedication to providing superior laboratory support and services to all our customers.